My mom does not like the word sexy, so to her I apologize. She also does not like the word snot, for anyone keeping track.
Jake used to say that January and February were the absolute worst months of the year. He hated them with a deep dark passion. Kind of like how I hate when kids sneeze in my mouth. I was always a little offended by this hatred as both my birthday and our dating anniversary fall in February. I may have told him this many times, but it did little to alleviate his winter hatred. "What's there to look forward to?" he would whine.
Snowboarding, however, has taken away any and all feelings of angst towards our first two calendar months. Strap a board to his feet and a pair of sweet goggles to his noggin and all of a sudden life in the Denbrook home is much more manageable. Fresh powder of course helps as well. To be honest, snowboarding scares the bajeezes out of me and I am not good. Not even a little bit good. I am a professional snow plower but any sign of acceleration leaves me sweating and praying that I don't break my neck. But hey, at least I've got one hot pair of goggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment