Thursday, August 23, 2012

Up Where There Ain't No Air...

Jake has new teacher orientation tomorrow. It feels like we have been waiting for this day forever. Or maybe it's only been three years. Bring on that paycheck, baby. Bring it on.

While we had closed our books for family adventures this summer  up in Jackson, Jake still had a little something up his sleeve. And by a little something, I mean he wanted to climb to the top of Utah's tallest mountain. Now don't worry, it was only 13,528 feet. Children's play, really. And yes, he did ask me if it was okay if he left me and the child alone at home while he attempted this solo venture out into the wild. He took advantage of my hesitation in answering the question and before I knew it, we were buying Cliff bars and dried fruit for his 30 miles out and back adventure. And while his pictures are glorious and I was a bit jealous of his accomplishment there is no way my sea-level and very out of shape lungs would have ever made it to the top.
Cool as a cucumber at the top of King's Peak...never mind the 700 foot drop off behind him.

And now some amazing panoramas. It's true, this kid can shoot.
Anderson Pass

Gunshy (unofficial name) Lake
Gunsight Pass
King's Peak Summit

And now it's all about the work. Work, work, work!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I think I saw a couple of mountain men on Gunsight Pass.
Dad