Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Salt Lake City

Growing up I never had a real desire to go to Salt Lake City. In fact, I don't think I ever thought of the good old Salt Lake. Then I moved to Wyoming. Land of no Target and no Starbucks and all of a sudden my dreams were filled with images of SLC. This past weekend in honor of Henry's upcoming ten month birthday (which was today, hooray!) we packed our bags and set off for the land of civilization. And while to my horror I did not even step foot in my beloved Target it was a weekend full of caffeine, traffic lights and treats galore.
When you are used to watching sports on your 15" laptop, this is like Heaven.

Why hello lovely maple vanilla deliciousness.
That whole "everything in moderation" mantra totally went out the window on this trip.
Henry makes sure Diane knows to keep her distance....
Yahoo, college bestie Diane is working in Salt Lake for the week and knows how to lead one into a diabetic coma quite nicely.

A box of maybe the most delightful cookies on the planet.
That's my boy...reaching for the cookies while the adults are busy taking a picture. Takes after his mama.

Do you see the H-man's cute little fingers by my straw?
Looking at this picture makes my mouth water.

Twenty more years big guy.
Upon getting back home, one little boy was a little upset that not everything we purchased was for him.



2 comments:

Christine Cohen said...

Just THINK how much money you're saving on being coffee-less!! If that helps... :) Salt Lake City looks really pretty!

Vanessa Patla said...

Reminds me of Cedric. Everything we eat or drink must be for him as well :).