Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just like all the big boys.

I finally did it. At 22 months and 10 days, we turned our formally rear-facing 28 pound and a million inches tall child forward facing. I had hoped to keep him rear facing til he was two but somebody decided that he likes to climb into the car and into his seat all by himself ("Me do it! Me do it!") and it was just a little too hard for him to squish his own legs into the car seat.
He was yelling, "no pictures!"
Being the safety conscious (that might be putting it lightly) person that I am, having Henry face forward does raise my blood pressure a bit, but he did get over 22 months of good solid rear facing safety so I'll just say a little extra prayer and move on. And in case any safety nuts are looking at his photo with a sharp eye...yes I did move his chest strap buckle thing up before we started driving. :)

Think I'm totally nuts for keeping my boy rear facing for so long? Do a little google search, watch a few youtube videos (actually don't) and you'll probably keep your sweet child rear facing until they're fifteen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, you did it! It was hard for me too. The kids so enjoy looking at the world from this position!