Monday, December 15, 2014

Cuz yo mama is cheap part 2

A little over a year ago someone had the brilliant idea that I should get my Masters. One day I will go back to work (or at least that's what I tell Jake) so it seemed like a good enough reason to pursue that golden piece of paper that would one day bump me up on the pay scale.  And I only had Henry at home and we lived in the middle of nowhere so really what else was I going to do with myself? Get pregnant, have horrible morning sickness, have a new baby, spend a summer in Oregon..and yes start and finish that dang masters program is what I ended up doing. It was definitely not fun and I wanted to quit about 700 times (let's be honest the work wasn't  hard, but it sure took up a lot of time). Now remember I am cheap, so to save our family mucho buckaroos I finished my two year program in a little less than two semesters. Now my personal hygiene, the state of our house and well-planned (or planned at all) meals may have gone out the window the last month or two of my program, but I AM DONE! So to answer the many people who have asked if I have graduated yet, yep sure have! And now I can put that degree to good use by...staying home with these two loves.

No comments: