Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Real Deal Birthday!

Baby boy turned one today. And in true boy fashion he fell on his noggin twice. There's nothing that says "I'm a one year old boy" more than a few bruises and bloody scratches, right? Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better? I suppose it's a good thing that we didn't try and do his actual one year old portraits today, then again who knows what he'll look like next weekend!

So today was the big day. The day of chocolate. The day of sugar. The day of goodness. One would think that this woud be a good day in the life of Henry James Denbrook.
He, however, did not buy into the whole "chocolate is the best thing ever" mentality.
Do you see my hurt head?
To me, this face says, "I'd rather have your no sugar added banana cake, Mom!"

And while I did get teary eyed looking at pictures of my sweet babe from this past year, today was a good day. Today we celebrated. Today we felt loved.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Sweet! Congratulations!