Friday, January 11, 2013

It was quite balmy, yes it was.

I hate the cold. I hate the snow (unless we are in Oregon and it means a snow day and then I loooove the snow). So it really was quite surprising last Saturday when we stepped outside into the snow and 32 degree weather and I heard myself exclaim, "Wow, I don't even need a hat or gloves today. Giddyup." I didn't actually say "giddyup" but I just might start. We decided to take advantage of the amazing weather and have some fun outside.

This was about five minutes from our house and Henry had a great time in the fresh air. We didn't think to bring our Ergo so Jake ended up carrying Henry up the slopes while I found myself with 2,000 bucks worth of camera gear strapped to my back. No pressure not to fall, but much better than my uncoordinated self being in charge of our wiggly toddler (who by the way started screaming when Jake handed him to me- he must have sensed I was the weaker party).
love this picture of my boys.

We hadn't climbed very high yet, which is why Henry doesn't look terrified in my arms.

Oh beautiful weather, you were so wonderful while you lasted. And the upcoming forecast? I believe the highest we are supposed to get in the next couple of days...10 degrees with a nice low of -7. Giddyup.
                         

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Isn't it amazing what we can start to tolerate and believe is reasonable? (says the one who lives in Phoenix and now thinks that anything below 70 is "cold" and that 100 degree days are just a "touch warm" :)

Anonymous said...

Not to brag....we had -26 degrees here in Lakeford. It wasn't pretty, Monika couldn't take a shower before church! Frozen pipe ruined her plans. Everything is ok now thanks to heaters under the house. AZ here we come.
Daddyo