Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pink Eye, Lentils, Snowboarding, oh my!

Last week Henry had pink eye. Have you ever tried to pin a 14 month old boy down four times a day and squirt eye drops into his tightly clenched  eyes? It was the very opposite of delightful. And of course it had to happen just as diaper changes were starting to get easy again. What, you think those aren't related? Well now when ever big boy gets laid down to get the old diaper changed he FREAKS  out thinking that the eye dropper is coming out too. Loads of fun.

I've been experimenting in the kitchen lately with some healthier dinner options. I had great success with lentil tacos. Seriously so great. Henry devoured his. As did his father. And his mother too.

The whole cauliflower alfredo sauce was not so much of a success. I mean it didn't have an ounce of cheese in it so I'm not exactly sure why I thought it might be good. I threw my bowl away before Jake got home, but Henry thought it was dang good and had a second helping. However, he must have come to his senses overnight because when I served it again for lunch he promptly threw it on the floor. Can't really blame him.
So good he had to eat it with two utensils. The roll in foreground was money.

To celebrate seven years of togetherness, Jake and I went snowboarding. It was crazily sunny which reflected off of our winter  whiteness so nicely.
We make snowboarding look sooo good.

Later when I realized I probably hadn't put on as much sunscreen as I should have...sure  I was sweating like a fool but man did I look cool.


And one last blurry shot of Henry sitting in a pan, happy as can be!

And blogger has given me high blood pressure by putting the last pictures in text in an oh so fun caption box that I can't get rid of. Fix it, Becca!
                                 
                                  

1 comment:

sportyrls said...

Love the pics! If you want to remove the captions click the picture in you editor and then select "remove caption" - it should be next to your "left, center, middle" options. Hopefully that will work. Love ya!